- To entrust is defined as to assign responsibility for something to someone or to put your faith and trust in someone.
When you ask someone to take care of your child for you, this is an example of a situation where you entrust your child to that person.
Entrust the key to me.
entrust definition by Webster's New World
- to charge or invest with a trust or duty: entrust a lawyer with records
- to assign the care of; turn over for safekeeping: entrust the key to me
- entrustment noun
entrust definition by American Heritage Dictionary
also in·trusttransitive verb en·trust·ed also in·trust·ed, en·trust·ing also in·trust·ing, en·trusts also in·trusts
- To give over (something) to another for care, protection, or performance: “He still has the aura of the priest to whom you would entrust your darkest secrets” (James Carroll).
- To give as a trust to (someone): entrusted his aides with the task. See Synonyms at commit.