(third-person singular simple present gives over, present participle giving over, simple past gave over, past participle given over)
- (now rare) To give up, hand over, surrender (something).
- To entrust (something) to another.
- She gave the deeds over to the solicitor.
- To devote or resign to a particular purpose or activity; to yield completely.
- The factory has been entirely given over to aircraft manufacture.
- He gave himself over to a monastic life.
- To quit, to abandon.
- (intransitive) To stop.
- Give over with your nonsense, will you!