- The definition of an emanation is something that comes from a specific source.
The light coming off of a light fixture is an example of emanation.
- the act of emanating
- something that comes forth from a source; thing emitted
- a heavy, gaseous isotope that results from the decay of a radioactive element
Origin of emanationLate Latin emanatio
- The act or an instance of emanating.
- a. Something that issues from a source; an emission.b. Chemistry Any of several radioactive gases that are isotopes of radon and are products of radioactive decay.