- covered with dust; full of dust
- like dust; powdery
- muted with gray: said of a color: dusty pink
Origin of dustyMiddle English dusti ; from Old English dustig
- Covered or filled with dust.
- Consisting of or resembling dust; powdery.
- Tinged with gray.
- Timeworn; stale: the dusty precepts of a bygone era.
(comparative dustier, superlative dustiest)
- A male given name, diminutive of Dustin
Derived from Dustin.
Derived from dusty, from the tendency of persons engaged in the milling of flour to become covered with flour dust.