- Dominance is defined as to have control or authority over others.
- When a government has the power and control to make other governments comply with its demands, this is an example of dominance.
- If brown eyes always show up whenever you have the brown-eyed gene, even if you also have a blue-eyed gene or a green-eyed gene, this is an example of the dominance of the brown-eyed gene.
The condition or fact of being dominant.
- The state of being dominant; of prime importance; supremacy.
- Being in a position of power, authority or ascendancy over others.
- (physiology) The superior development of or preference for one side of the body or one of a pair of organs; such as being right-handed.
- (biology, genetics) The property of a gene such that it suppresses the expression of its allele.
From dominant + -ance.