- The definition of diminished is a person or thing that has decreased or has been made smaller.
An example of diminished are reservoir water levels after a long drought.
- made smaller; lessened; reduced
- Music lessened by a half step: said of intervals or of chords formed with such an interval
- Simple past tense and past participle of diminish.
(comparative more diminished, superlative most diminished)
- lessened, reduced.
- The diminished Roman Empire never recovered from the sack of Rome.
- (music) reduced by a semitone