- The definition of coverage is the extent to which something is addressed, reported on or included.
- When a guide book provides a comprehensive overview of a subject, this is an example of a situation where the book provides full coverage of the subject.
- When the media reports on a story a lot, this is an example of a situation where the story is given full coverage.
- When your insurance company takes care of all the costs associated with a medical treatment, this is an example of full coverage.
- the amount, extent, etc. covered by something
- Football the defensive tactics of a defender or a defensive team against a passing play
- Insurance all the risks covered by an insurance policy
- Journalism the extent to which a news story is covered
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The extent or degree to which something is observed, analyzed, and reported: complete news coverage of the election.
- a. Inclusion in an insurance policy or protective plan.b. The extent of protection afforded by an insurance policy.
- The amount of funds reserved to meet liabilities.
- The percentage of persons reached by a medium of communication, such as television or a newspaper.