- the amount, extent, etc. covered by something
- Football the defensive tactics of a defender or a defensive team against a passing play
- Insurance all the risks covered by an insurance policy
- Journalism the extent to which a news story is covered
- When a guide book provides a comprehensive overview of a subject, this is an example of a situation where the book provides full coverage of the subject.
- When the media reports on a story a lot, this is an example of a situation where the story is given full coverage.
- When your insurance company takes care of all the costs associated with a medical treatment, this is an example of full coverage.
The definition of coverage is the extent to which something is addressed, reported on or included.
- The extent or degree to which something is observed, analyzed, and reported: complete news coverage of the election.
- a. Inclusion in an insurance policy or protective plan.b. The extent of protection afforded by an insurance policy.
- The amount of funds reserved to meet liabilities.
- The percentage of persons reached by a medium of communication, such as television or a newspaper.
(countable and uncountable, plural coverages)
- An amount by which something or someone is covered.
- Don't go to lunch if we don't have enough coverage for the help-desk phones.
- Before laying sod on that clay, the ground needs two inches of coverage with topsoil.
- The enemy fire is increasing – can we get some immediate coverage from those bunkers?
- There are overlapping coverages on your insurance policies.
- The amount of space or time given to an event in newspapers or on television
cover + -age
- Contemporary dance is not blessed with a plethora of media coverage on any platform.
- The coverage of ICMP attacks is neither particularly lucid nor particularly complete.
- In stark contrast to its coverage of the mayor, the media has not focused very much on the workings of the general assembly.
- Coverage of the scrutiny process is central to our parliamentary democracy.
- The best thing about this mobile phone is its almost ubiquitous coverage.