- Reportage is defined as the act of telling news or what is reported as news.
- An example of reportage is an anchorman on TV telling about a police incident from that day.
- An example of reportage is a news spot about a local protest.
reportage definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act or process of reporting news events
- written reports, articles, etc. that deal with current events in a journalistic manner
reportage definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The reporting of news or information of general interest.
- Something reported.
Origin: French, from reporter, to report, from Old French; see report.