The definition of a reporter is a person who gathers information and writes about it.
An example of a reporter is a person who attends a sporting event and writes about it for a newspaper.
a person who reports; specif.,
- a person authorized to report legal or legislative proceedings: a court reporter
- a person who gathers information and writes reports for publication in a newspaper, magazine, etc.
- a person who reports news on radio or television
Origin of reporterMiddle English reportour ; from Old French reporteur
- A writer, investigator, or presenter of news stories.
- Law a. A volume containing the published opinions of a court.b. A court official who records the proceedings in a trial or hearing.c. A person who makes and issues the official accounts or records of the proceedings of a court.
- Agent noun of report; someone or something that reports.
- A journalist who investigates, edits and reports news stories for newspapers, radio and television.
- A person who records and issues official reports of judicial or legislative proceedings.
- (law) A case reporter; a bound volume of printed legal opinions from a particular jurisdiction.
report + -er