- The definition of a reporter is a person who gathers information and writes about it.
An example of a reporter is a person who attends a sporting event and writes about it for a newspaper.
reporter definition by Webster's New World
- a person authorized to report legal or legislative proceedings: a court reporter
- a person who gathers information and writes reports for publication in a newspaper, magazine, etc.
- a person who reports news on radio or television
Origin: Middle English reportour ; from Old French reporteur
reporter definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A writer, investigator, or presenter of news stories.
- Law A person who is authorized to write and issue official accounts of judicial or legislative proceedings.
- repˌor·toˈri·al adjective
- repˌor·toˈri·al·ly adverb