The definition of courtship is the period of dating before a decision to marry.
An example of courtship is the time during which a young couple dates before getting engaged.
- The act, process, or period of courting.
- Zoology Specialized behavior in animals that leads to or initiates mating.
From court + -ship.
- This courtship has been going on too long and you're getting bored.
- There was nothing in Pierre's soul now at all like what had troubled it during his courtship of Helene.
- Sir Francis Walsingham was born at Chislehurst, where his family had long flourished; Hever Castle was the seat of the Boleyns and the scene of the courtship of Anne Boleyn by Henry VIII.
- About the courtship of the recluse?
- It was composed during James's captivity in England and celebrates his courtship of Lady Jane Beaufort.