- Dating is defined as to be romantically involved with someone.
An example of dating is two people seeing each other exclusively for six months.
- The definition of dating is marking, assigning or recording with a date, or showing that something is typical for a certain time period.
- An example of dating is marking bread loaves with the date they were baked.
- An example of dating is an antique dealer deciding when a piece of furniture was made.
- A form of romantic courtship typically between two individuals with the aim of assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. The result of dating may at any time lead to friendship, any level of intimate relationship, marriage, or no relation.
- An estimation of the age of an artifact, biological vestige, linguistic usage, etc.
- The setting of a date on which an event or transaction is to take place or take effect.
- Present participle of date.