- The definition of corporeal is something related to your body or something physical or tangible.
- An example of corporeal is punishment is inflicting pain on the body.
- An example of corporeal is tangible property as opposed to intellectual property.
corporeal definition by Webster's New World
- of, for, or having the nature of, the body; physical; bodily; not spiritual
- of a material nature; perceptible by the senses; tangible
Origin: ; from Classical Latin corporeus ; from corpus: see corpus
- corporeally adverb
corporeal definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of the body. See Synonyms at bodily.
- Of a material nature; tangible.
Origin: From Latin corporeus, from corpus, corpor-, body; see kwrep- in Indo-European roots.
- cor·poˌre·alˈi·ty , cor·poˈre·al·ness noun
- cor·poˈre·al·ly adverb
corporeal - Medical Definition