- An example of corporeal is punishment is inflicting pain on the body.
- An example of corporeal is tangible property as opposed to intellectual property.
- of, for, or having the nature of, the body; physical; bodily; not spiritual
- of a material nature; perceptible by the senses; tangible
Origin of corporeal; from Classical Latin corporeus ; from corpus: see corpus
- a. Of, relating to, or characteristic of the body. See Synonyms at bodily.b. Existing or manifesting in bodily form.
- Of a material nature; tangible: corporeal property.
Origin of corporealFrom Latin corporeus, from corpus, corpor-, body; see kwrep- in Indo-European roots.
- cor·po′re·al′i·ty , cor·po′re·al·ness
(comparative more corporeal, superlative most corporeal)