- An example of congratulations is what you give a high school graduate.
- An example of congratulations is what you say to someone who just got promoted.
The definition of congratulations are the good wishes given to someone when something good happens.
expressions of pleasure and best wishes on the occasion of another's good fortune or success
I congratulate you
- plural form of congratulation
- Hugs, intros and congratulations followed as we emerged from the car.
- Congratulations. Your horse ranch is shaping up nicely.
- Congratulations, Dean said as Fred climbed in back.
- He finished and, getting up, embraced and kissed Pierre, who, with tears of joy in his eyes, looked round him, not knowing how to answer the congratulations and greetings from acquaintances that met him on all sides.
- In 1814 he was chosen to carry the pope's congratulations to Louis XVIII.; in 1816 he was created cardinal-priest of Santa Maria Maggiore, and appointed to the see of Sinigaglia, which he resigned in 1818.