The definition of congrats is a casual way to say congratulations.
An example of congrats is what a high school student says to a friend after they graduate.
Congratulations: sent him my congrats.
- (informal) A short form of congratulations.
- Just wanted to add my hearty congrats to you and Matt for entertaining me so fantastically from the day the show started.
- Serious congrats to you both.
- A merry birthday was had, with congrats to Ken!
- Big congrats to Tim, who now looks like he will be riding in the expert category next year.
- Sorry for the belated congrats, but congrats anyway!