The definition of a breakthrough is overcoming something and having an achievement.noun
An example of a breakthrough is making a difficult new discovery for curing a disease.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the act, result, or place of breaking through against resistance, as in warfare
- a strikingly important advance or discovery
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- An act of overcoming or penetrating an obstacle or restriction.
- A military offensive that penetrates an enemy's lines of defense.
- A major achievement or success that permits further progress, as in technology.