billing definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the listing of the actors' names on a playbill, theater marquee, etc.
- the order in which the names are listed
billing definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The relative importance of performers as indicated by the position and type size in which their names are listed on programs, theater marquees, or advertisements: top billing.
- Advertising; promotion: The product needed better billing to outsell its competition.
- The total amount of business done in a specific period, as by an advertising agency or a law firm. Often used in the plural.