- The definition of a billion is a thousand millions.
An example of a billion is $1,000,000,000.
- a thousand millions (1,000,000,000)
- Brit. trillion (a million millions)
Origin: French ; from bi-, bi- plush (mi)llion
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The cardinal number equal to 109.
- Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1012.
- An indefinitely large number.
Origin: French, a million million : blend of bi-, second power; see bi-1 and million.
- bilˈlion adjective
billion - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.