- The definition of a billion is a thousand millions.
An example of a billion is $1,000,000,000.
- a thousand millions (1,000,000,000)
- Brit. trillion (a million millions)
Origin of billionFrench ; from bi-, bi- + (mi)llion
amounting to one billion in number
- The cardinal number equal to 109.
- Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1012.
- An indefinitely large number.
Origin of billionFrench, a million million : blend of bi-, second power; see bi–1 and million.
- trillion, coined at same time
From French billion