- The definition of trillion is related to or of the number one followed by 12 zeros.
An example of trillion used as an adjective is in the phrase "a trillion dollars," which means $1,000,000,000,000.
- Trillion is the number one followed by 12 zeros.
An example of a trillion is 1,000,000,000,000.
- the number represented by 1 followed by 12 zeros
- Brit. the number represented by 1 followed by 18 zeros
- an indefinite but very large number: a hyperbolic use
Origin of trillionFrench from tri-, tri- + (mi)llion
- The cardinal number equal to 1012.
- Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1018.
Origin of trillionFrench tri- third power ( from Latin tri- tri- ) (m)illion million ( from Old French milion ; see million . )
From French trillion.