- The definition of trillion is related to or of the number one followed by 12 zeros.
An example of trillion used as an adjective is in the phrase "a trillion dollars," which means $1,000,000,000,000.
- Trillion is the number one followed by 12 zeros.
An example of a trillion is 1,000,000,000,000.
trillion definition by Webster's New World
- ☆ the number represented by 1 followed by 12 zeros
- Brit. the number represented by 1 followed by 18 zeros
- an indefinite but very large number: a hyperbolic use
Origin: French ; from tri-, tri- plush (mi)llion
trillion definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The cardinal number equal to 1012.
- Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1018.
Origin: French : tri-, third power (from Latin tri-, tri-) + (m)illion, million (from Old French milion; see million).
- trilˈlion adjective