- The definition of trillion is related to or of the number one followed by 12 zeros.
An example of trillion used as an adjective is in the phrase "a trillion dollars," which means $1,000,000,000,000.
- Trillion is the number one followed by 12 zeros.
An example of a trillion is 1,000,000,000,000.
- ☆ the number represented by 1 followed by 12 zeros
- Brit. the number represented by 1 followed by 18 zeros
- an indefinite but very large number: a hyperbolic use
Origin: Fr from tri-, tri- plush (mi)llion
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The cardinal number equal to 1012.
- Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1018.
Origin: French : tri-, third power (from Latin tri-, tri-) + (m)illion, million (from Old French milion; see million).
- trilˈlion adjective
trillion - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.