- (computing) open source software
- Office of Strategic Services
oss - Computer Definition
- Referring to the system or systems that perform management, inventory, engineering, planning, and repair functions for communications service providers. Specific OSS functions can include inventory management, cost allocation, billing, service order management, trouble ticket management, traffic analysis, capacity planning, and network optimization.
- Open source software. See open source software.
(1) (Open Source Software) Software that can be modified and recompiled by the user. See open source.
(2) (Operations Support Systems) An umbrella term for software that supports the telecommunications industry, but is not involved with the routine network operations of transmitting and switching data. OSS includes inventory management, CRM, middleware, performance monitoring, test & measurement and provisioning. B/OSS includes the billing. For more information, visit www.nextgenerationservices.com.