- simple past tense and past participle of benefit
- An example of benefited is a child who is able to get a job because his parents paid for his college education.
- An example of benefited is a person who gets a promotion because of a good review by a co-worker.
The definition of benefited refers to being the recipient of a payment, a kindness or a gain as a result of an action.
- Charges were reduced and efficiency benefited by this movement.
- In particular the suppression of the monasteries benefited the crown in two ways.
- Boniface endeavoured to nominate his own successor, thus transforming into law, or at least into custom, the proceeding by which he had benefited; but the clergy and the senate of Rome forced him to cancel this arrangement.
- "There are many souls not good enough to dispense with this provision, and not bad enough to be benefited by it" (op. cit.
- Many regions of Italy and the provinces besides the city itself benefited by the care and munificence which the emperor bestowed on such public improvements.