- simple past tense and past participle of benefit
- An example of benefited is a child who is able to get a job because his parents paid for his college education.
- An example of benefited is a person who gets a promotion because of a good review by a co-worker.
The definition of benefited refers to being the recipient of a payment, a kindness or a gain as a result of an action.
- Charges were reduced and efficiency benefited by this movement.
- In particular the suppression of the monasteries benefited the crown in two ways.
- His sieges, the most difficult part of medieval warfare, though won sometimes by stratagem, prove that he and his followers had benefited from their early training in the wars of Edward I.
- The financial administratizrn of Sad was prudent and successful, if somewhat severe, and the revenue benefited considerably under his care.
- The republican press applauded the murder; the professional politicians benefited by it.