- The definition of barbaric is something that is primitive or uncivilized.
Eating an entire meal with your hands is an example of barbaric manners.
barbaric definition by Webster's New World
- of, like, or characteristic of barbarians; uncivilized; primitive
- wild, crude, and unrestrained
Origin: Middle English barbarik ; from Classical Latin barbaricus ; from Classical Greek barbarikos: see barbarous
- barbarically adverb
barbaric definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of barbarians.
- Marked by crudeness or lack of restraint in taste, style, or manner.
Origin: Latin barbaricus, from Greek barbarikos, from barbaros, foreign.
- bar·barˈi·cal·ly adverb