Origin of inhumanein- + humane
The definition of inhumane is something that is cruel or unkind.
A pet owner leaving a dog out in freezing weather is an example of something inhumane.
Lacking pity or compassion.
- Since the long overdue end to small-minded and inhumane apartheid, exports of South African wines have expanded and these excellent value wines are starting to take up slots in wine retailers shelves.
- Members petitioned the Illinois legislature to become a state policing agency to stop to the cruel and inhumane treatment of animals at Union Stock Yards throughout the state.
- The largest price Vick will end up paying for being involved in something so cruel and inhumane is that it is unlikely that he will ever play football again.
- This does not include those canines found as strays or taken from owners who may have kept the animals in unsanitary or inhumane conditions.
- The raising and shearing of the sheep is often inhumane and the wool is then chemically treated, which can be bad for your skin.