A ballpark seen from the air.
ballpark definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
a stadium, outdoor arena, or other facility for contests between athletic teams, esp. baseball or football teams
Informal designating an estimate, figure, etc. that is thought to be fairly accurate
ballpark definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- A park or stadium in which ball games are played.
- Slang The approximately proper range, as of possibilities or alternatives: Your estimate is high, but still in the ballpark.
- Of, relating to, or used in a park or stadium: ballpark lights; ballpark seating.
- Slang Being approximately proper in range: gave a ballpark estimate of future unit sales.
ballpark - Phrases/Idioms
in the ballparkInformal
- fairly accurate
- fairly close to what is required