A ballpark seen from the air.
a stadium, outdoor arena, or other facility for contests between athletic teams, esp. baseball or football teams
Informal designating an estimate, figure, etc. that is thought to be fairly accurate
in the ballparkInformal
- fairly accurate
- fairly close to what is required
- A park or stadium in which ball games are played.
- Slang The approximately proper range, as of possibilities or alternatives: Your estimate is high, but still in the ballpark.
- Of, relating to, or used in a park or stadium: ballpark lights; ballpark seating.
- Slang Being approximately proper in range: gave a ballpark estimate of future unit sales.
(third-person singular simple present ballparks, present participle ballparking, simple past and past participle ballparked)