- Baseball any of a set of rules adapted to playing conditions in a specific ballpark
- any of a set of rules governing a specific activity
- Sports A rule governing the playing of a game on a particular field, course, or court.
- A basic rule of procedure or behavior.
(plural ground rules)
- (sports) A rule regarding play on a specific field, course, or court.
- (idiomatic, usually in the plural) The basic rules or standards; whatever someone must know before proceeding.
- Make sure everybody knows the ground rules for the trip before they leave.
How would you define ground rule? Add your definition here.
comments powered by