- The definition of baseball is relating to the sports game between two teams where players have to hit a ball with a bat in order to score runs.
An example of baseball used as an adjective is in the phrase "baseball mitt," which means a mitt used in this game.
- Baseball is defined as a sports game played with a bat and a ball between two teams where players have to hit a ball and score runs, or the ball used in this game.
- An example of baseball is the sport that the New York Yankees play.
- An example of baseball is the white, rawhide-covered ball used by the New York Yankees.
- ⌂ a game (esp. hardball, ) played with a bat and a ball by two opposing teams of nine or ten players on a field with four bases: each team takes turns batting against the opponent's pitcher and tries to score more runs than the other team
- ⌂ the ball used in playing hardball: it is hard, usually white and rawhide-covered, and smaller than a softball
- a. A game played with a bat and ball by two opposing teams of nine players, each team playing alternately in the field and at bat, the players at bat having to run a course of four bases laid out in a diamond pattern in order to score.b. The ball that is used in this game.
- A game of darts in which the players attempt to score points by throwing the darts at a target laid out in the form of a baseball diamond.
- A sport common in North America, the Caribbean, and Japan, in which the object is to strike a ball so that one of a nine-person team can run counter-clockwise among four bases, resulting in the scoring of a run. The team with the most runs after termination of play, usually nine innings, wins.
- The ball used to play the sport of baseball.
- A variant of poker in which cards with baseball-related values have special significance.