transitive verb-·ized·, -·iz·ing
- to separate into atoms
- to reduce (a liquid) to a fine spray
- to destroy by nuclear weapons
- to separate into many parts or fragments; disintegrate
transitive verbat·om·ized, at·om·iz·ing, at·om·iz·es
- To reduce to or separate into atoms.
- To reduce to tiny particles or a fine spray.
- To break into small fragments.
- To subject to bombardment with atomic weapons.
(third-person singular simple present atomizes, present participle atomizing, simple past and past participle atomized)