- A device, as on a perfume bottle, for breaking a liquid up into a fine spray of droplets.
- A device, as in an e-cigarette, that uses heat to vaporize a liquid or to release volatile compounds from a solid; a vaporizer.
- More artists and inventors worked with the atomizer over the years, creating a continuous air flow, oscillating needle and reservoir for ink.
- The atomizer itself was not a new invention; it had been used for years by artists to apply coats of lacquer to their finished work.
- Carry a small atomizer in your purse and reapply once to pulse points during a restroom break.
- The atomizer or spray gun is the most important piece of equipment.
- Stanley created an atomizer to spray watercolor, crayon and India ink onto his paintings quickly to achieve shaded effects.