Variant of spray
- a cloud or mist of fine liquid particles, as of water from breaking waves
- a jet of fine liquid particles, or mist, as from an atomizer or spray gun
- a device for shooting out such a jet
- any liquid for spraying from such a device
- something likened to a spray of liquid particles: a spray of gunfire
Origin: < or akin to MDu spraeien, to spray, akin to Ger sprühen: see spread
- to direct a spray on; treat with a spray
- to direct a spray of on some surface, etc.
- to shoot out a spray
- to be shot out as a spray
- sprayer noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.