The definition of appeasement is the act of giving something to an aggressive power to keep the peace.
An example of appeasement is the act of giving a dog some food from your plate in order to stop her begging.
- an appeasing or being appeased
- the policy of giving in to the demands of a hostile or aggressive power in an attempt to keep the peace
- a. An act of appeasing.b. The condition of being appeased.
- The policy of granting concessions to potential enemies to maintain peace.
- The state of being appeased; the policy of giving in to demands in order to preserve the peace.
From Old French apaisement