- an appeasing or being appeased
- the policy of giving in to the demands of a hostile or aggressive power in an attempt to keep the peace
The definition of appeasement is the act of giving something to an aggressive power to keep the peace.
An example of appeasement is the act of giving a dog some food from your plate in order to stop her begging.
- a. An act of appeasing.b. The condition of being appeased.
- The policy of granting concessions to potential enemies to maintain peace.
- The state of being appeased; the policy of giving in to demands in order to preserve the peace.
From Old French apaisement