complete or wholehearted: an all-out effort
With every possible effort: worked all out to finish by the deadline.
Using all available means or resources: an all-out sprint; an all-out conservation program.
- using every available means
- They were planning to launch an all-out attack against the enemy.
- covering all aspects without exception
- This book is an all-out examination of a very important issue in our community.
(comparative more all-out, superlative most all-out)
- In a manner in which one uses every available means, sparing no effort.
- The workers went all-out in order to finish the job on time.
(comparative more all out, superlative most all out)
- (idiomatic) With maximum effort.
- (idiomatic) Without regard for risk.