- The definition of unmitigated is absolute, complete or not lessened.
A complete and total disaster is an example of an unmitigated disaster.
unmitigated definition by Webster's New World
- not lessened or eased: unmitigated suffering
- unqualified; out-and-out; absolute: an unmitigated fool
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- unmitigatedly adverb
unmitigated definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Not diminished or moderated in intensity or severity; unrelieved: unmitigated suffering.
- Without qualification or exception; absolute: an unmitigated lie.
- un·mitˈi·gatˌed·ly adverb