- not lessened or eased: unmitigated suffering
- unqualified; out-and-out; absolute: an unmitigated fool
The definition of unmitigated is absolute, complete or not lessened.
A complete and total disaster is an example of an unmitigated disaster.
- Not diminished or moderated in intensity or severity; unrelieved: unmitigated suffering.
- Without qualification or exception; absolute: an unmitigated lie.
(comparative more unmitigated, superlative most unmitigated)
- Not mitigated.
- She was oblivious to him observing her with unmitigated admiration.
- His first military expedition had ended in unmitigated disaster, yet from this disaster is to be dated the reign of Peter the Great.
- The unmitigated disaster of last year's crops is something I don't like to recall.
- Work has been nothing but unmitigated chaos since last week.
- I don't know how she lives a life of such unmitigated joy.