- Over the whole area or extent: a cloth embroidered all over with roses.
- Everywhere: searched all over for her missing key.
- In all respects: Carefree and fun-loving—that's him all over.
Covering an entire surface: wallpaper with an all-over pattern; an allover tan.
- (idiomatic) Over an entire extent.
- He was covered all over with mud.
- (idiomatic) Everywhere.
- I've looked all over for it.
- (idiomatic) In every way; thoroughly.
- Dancing with everyone, singing show tunes all night: that was Luke all over.
- (idiomatic) Everywhere; covering completely.
- He dropped the bucket and got paint all over the floor and his clothes.
(comparative more all-over, superlative most all-over)
- over the whole area or extent
- in every respect; utterly
From all- +"Ž over.