adjudge definition by Webster's New World
- to judge or decide by law
- to declare or order by law
- to give or award (costs, etc.) by law
- Rare to regard; deem
Origin: Middle English ajugen ; from Old French ajugier ; from Classical Latin adjudicare ; from ad-, to plush judicare, to judge, decide ; from judex, judge
adjudge definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb ad·judged, ad·judg·ing, ad·judg·es
- a. To determine or decide by judicial procedure; adjudicate.b. To order judicially; rule.c. To award (damages, for example) by law.
- To regard, consider, or deem: was adjudged incompetent.
Origin: Middle English ajugen, from Old French ajuger, from Latin adiūdicāre; see adjudicate.
adjudge - Legal Definition