- If you do not know anything about a new movie coming out, this is an example of when you are unaware of the new movie.
- If you don't really pay attention to the problems in your society and don't know or care about the problems, this is an example of when you might be described as unaware.
Usage Note: Unaware, followed by a prepositional phrase with of (expressed or implied), is the usual adjectival form modifying a noun or pronoun or following a linking verb: Unaware of the difficulty, I went ahead. She plunged into a dangerous situation wholly unaware. He was unaware of my presence. Unawares is the usual adverbial form: The rain caught them unawares (without warning) . They came upon it unawares (without design or plan).
un- +"Ž aware
- Since his back was to the danger, he was unaware when the man gunned the engine and started to drive towards him.
- Cassie waited silently, knowing they were unaware of her presence.
- I was unaware you wished to see me.
- Surely they were unaware of his deceit.
- Once she had been unaware of his love, but now she had learned to read the signs.