The definition of informed is based on a lot of information.
An example of informed is someone making the decision to attend a certain school after researching what the school has to offer them; an informed decision.
- Possessing, displaying, or based on reliable information: informed sources; an informed opinion.
- Knowledgeable; educated: the informed consumer.
- simple past tense and past participle of inform
(comparative more informed, superlative most informed)
inform + -ed
- I have informed him of the matter.
- At Beni Ounif and Colomb Bchar, in south-western Algeria, I was informed, in March 1910, that there had been no rain for about three years.
- Rupert Youngblood, a thirty year old graduate student took credit for the success, claiming he located the child clairvoyantly and informed the authorities.
- Later the same day, he informed all of us he was getting needed help, as he put it.
- His voice was a monotone as he informed Carmen about Alex's condition.