The definition of informed is based on a lot of information.
An example of informed is someone making the decision to attend a certain school after researching what the school has to offer them; an informed decision.
- Possessing, displaying, or based on reliable information: informed sources; an informed opinion.
- Knowledgeable; educated: the informed consumer.
- simple past tense and past participle of inform
(comparative more informed, superlative most informed)
inform + -ed
- I have informed him of the matter.
- Later the same day, he informed all of us he was getting needed help, as he put it.
- His voice was a monotone as he informed Carmen about Alex's condition.
- Claire had informed Fred she and Effie would be leaving Tuesday.
- The police haven't even informed his wife if her husband is dead or alive!