- training or education; esp., formal instruction at school
- cost of instruction and living at school
- Archaic disciplinary correction
- An example of schooling is someone attending classes at a university.
- An example of schooling is someone knowing how what to expect based on past experiences.
Schooling is training, instruction or education.
- Instruction or training given at school.
- Education obtained through experience or exposure: Her tumultuous childhood was a unique schooling.
- The training of a horse or a horse and rider in equitation.
(countable and uncountable, plural schoolings)
- Present participle of school.
- He was naturally studious, however, and supplemented his scant schooling by night study.
- His schooling was irregular and not successful.
- Compulsory and gratuitous schooling for the Protestants had been enforced in Livonia since 1860, and in Courland since 1875.
- Like he said; he only has one mother, and he can finish his schooling later.
- He received practically no schooling, but worked with his father at hat-making in New York city, at brewing in Peekskill, at brick-making in Catskill, and again at brewing in Newburgh.