- spoken or uttered
- unmistakable or conspicuous: a pronounced limp, pronounced chin
The model has pronounced make-up.
- An example of pronounced is the way someone says your name.
- An example of pronounced is make-up that is very obvious.
The definition of pronounced is something spoken or distinct.
- Spoken; voiced.
- Strongly marked; distinct: walks with a pronounced limp.
(comparative more pronounced, superlative most pronounced)
- Simple past tense and past participle of pronounce.
- At the opening of the Piedmontese parliament in 1859, Victor Emmanuel pronounced the memorable words that he could not be insensible to the cry of pain (ii grido di dolore) which reached him from all parts of Italy.
- The doctors pronounced recovery impossible.
- He pronounced the words that would forever alter her life.
- His influence among the Edinburgh students was pronounced.
- "It's Ky-ree," I pronounced it correctly.