- dividing; separating
- given, spoken, done, etc. at parting
- the act of breaking, dividing, or separating
- a place of division or separation; dividing point or line
- something that separates or divides
- a leave-taking or departure
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.