- the state or condition of being the same in power, value, rank, etc.; equality
- resemblance; similarity
- equivalence in value of one currency expressed in terms of another country's currency
- equality of value at a given ratio between different kinds of money, commodities, etc.
- a price for certain farm products, usually maintained by government price supports, designed to keep the purchasing power of the farmer at the level of a designated base period
- Math. the condition existing between two integers that are both odd or both even
- Physics a symmetry property of a wave function: expressed as +1 if no difference can be detected between the wave function and its mirror image, and as –1 if the wave function is changed only in sign
Origin of parityFrench parité from Classical Latin paritas from par, equal: see par