- the quality of being unequal; lack of equality
- an instance of lack of equality; specif.,
- a difference or variation in size, amount, rank, quality, social position, etc.
- an unevenness in surface; lack of levelness
- a lack of proper proportion; unequal distribution
- Math. the relation between two unequal quantities, or an expression of this relationship: Ex.: a ? b (a is not equal to b), 3a > 2b (3a is greater than 2b)
Origin of inequalityMiddle English inequalitie from Middle French inequalité from Classical Latin inaequalitas