- past the time for payment
- delayed in arrival or occurrence beyond the time set or anticipated
- that should have come about sooner: overdue reforms
This bill is overdue.
- An example of something overdue is the arrival of a train that is running late.
- An example of something overdue is a credit card bill that was due a month ago.
The definition of overdue is happening late, or past the payment deadline.
- Being unpaid when due: an overdue bill.
- Coming or arriving after the scheduled or expected time: an overdue train. See Synonyms at tardy.
- Expected or required but not yet having come about: an overdue apology.
- Interest was charged at very high rates for overdue loans of this.
- But in April he was once more overthrown by the French in a battle fought at Novara, his Swiss clamouring at the last moment for their overdue pay, and treacherously refusing to fight against a force of their own countrymen led by La Tremouille.
- The agonizing memories ruptured to the surface at last, forcing a long overdue reaction.
- My wife was overdue and I was concerned.
- In the ordinary working of a hot-water apparatus the expansion pipe already referred to will prevent any overdue pressure occurring in the boiler; should, however, the pipes Safety become blocked in any way while the apparatus is valves.