An example of a mixture is a bowl of butter, sugar and salt.
An example of mixture is the process of combining flour and baking soda.
- A combination of ingredients, kinds, etc.
- A yarn or fabric made of two or more different fibers, often of different colors.
- A combination of ingredients used in cooking or baking.
- One that consists of diverse elements.The day was a mixture of sun and clouds.
- A fabric made of different kinds of thread or yarn.
- A composition of two or more substances that are not chemically combined with each other and are capable of being separated.
Origin of mixture
- Middle English from Old French from Latin mixtūra from mixtus past participle of miscēre to mix meik- in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition