- an assorting or being assorted; classification
- an assorted, or miscellaneous, group or collection; variety
- Assortment is defined as a group of things that vary in type.
An example of an assortment is a box of chocolates with varying flavors and kinds.
- The definition of assortment is the act of categorizing.
An example of assortment is the filing of papers into categorized folders.
- The act of assorting; separation into classes.
- A collection of various kinds; a variety.
- A collection of varying but related items.
- This box has an assortment of chocolates, there's a picture on the cover so you know which is which.
- Deidre ran back up to her room and looked over the assortment of shoes.
- The top drawer contained the usual assortment of pens, pencils and paperclips.
- She snorted at the strange assortment of books.
- There, staring up at the group, nestled in an assortment of other bones, packed into a grubby plaid shirt, was a cracked white skull.
- Her step slowed as she neared a booth with an assortment of kitchen décor.