- the property, quality, or condition of being magnetic
- the force to which this is due
- the branch of physics dealing with magnets and magnetic phenomena; magnetics
- power to attract; personal charm or allure
- The class of phenomena exhibited by a magnetic field.
- The study of magnets and their effects.
- The force exerted by a magnetic field.
- Unusual power to attract, fascinate, or influence: the magnetism of money.
- Animal magnetism.
- The properties or effects of magnetic fields.
- The force produced by a magnetic field.
See more at magnetic field
- The property of being magnetic
- The science which treats of magnetic phenomena.
- Power of attraction; power to excite the feelings and to gain the affections.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster's Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
magnet + -ism