- a mixture variously of sugar, butter, flavoring, water or other liquid, egg whites, etc. for covering a cake or pastries; icing
- a dull, frostlike finish on glass, metal, etc.
- a mixture of ground glass, varnish, etc. used in ornamental work
- Icing, as on a cake.
- A roughened or speckled surface imparted to glass or metal.
- The plural form is used for multiple varieties of frosting; a single type of frosting is itself uncountable.
- Present participle of to frost.
- It's possible to cover and decorate 3D cakes and character cakes with fondant, whipped cream, royal icing, and many other types of frosting, but it's easiest to decorate the cakes with simple homemade or store-bought buttercream frosting.
- Tart lemons, tempered by sweet raspberries and even sweeter buttercream or fondant frosting, is a dream combination, and your guests will surely appreciate the fresh flavors and elegant presentation of the bright berries and lemon slices.
- You supply the cupcakes and frosting, and designer kits from places like Cupcake Cuties gives you everything else you need -- embellishments and wrapper sleeves -- to make the most talked about centerpieces of your next party.
- Decorating instructions are provided on the Wilton website, and the cake is relatively easy to make in comparison to some of the company's other designs because it requires only three colors of frosting: red, black, and white.
- You can display the conventional three-tiered white confection and have your decorator wrap each tier in orange satin ribbon, write a romantic message with bright buttercream, or pipe on a pretty design with orange frosting.