The definition of forbidden is something that is not allowed.
An example of something forbidden is opening a door that your parent has told you not to touch.
A past participle of forbid
Having an extremely low probability of occurrence. Used of quantum phenomena: a forbidden transition.
(comparative more forbidden, superlative most forbidden)
- not allowed.
- past participle of forbid
From to forbid.
- There are many things I'm forbidden from telling you.
- You're forbidden from entering, Rhyn.
- The kitten gazed wistfully at the forbidden fruit.
- "Yes, you are forbidden from training with them," he said.
- That's not forbidden by his law.