An employer talking with her employee.
The definition of an employer is a person or a business that gives a paying job to one or more people.
The company you work for is an example of your employer.
one who employs; esp., a person, business firm, etc. that hires one or more persons to work for wages or salary
From French employeur.
- He's my employer, nothing else.
- I seek an alliance against my former employer and to regain my place at the Council, Sasha answered.
- The relation between employer and employee is in the main far more personal and kindly than in the mills of the Northern States.
- In 1900 laws were passed regulating the contract of labour, placing the workman on a footing of perfect equality with his employer, assuring the married woman free control of her savings, and organizing a system of old-age pensions.
- Any employee," it is not proved that the employee failed in due care and diligence; by another law of 1910 in certain dangerous employments the employer is liable unless the injured employee was negligent.